Friday, December 5, 2008

Quick update for the week

This week was a work week from Tuesday to Friday to me. I am getting quite stuck into things at CARE. I feel I am being productive there but in a way wish I could stay longer to see things through to the end. At the moment I see much work to be done and all I can try to do is chart a course and hope it will still happen after I leave. Still I am learning a lot and making good friends too.

In the evenings Rachel and I have been enjoying time at the house with the family and cruising around town to do a little shopping.

Rachel actually left to go home to America last night. I was sad to see her go :-( I spent the evening talking with my friend Maison whose wife is also not here. Unfortunately his wife is not here because his father in law died the other day. His wife went back to her family's village near Danau Toba. It was a 20+ hour bus ride to get back there! Maison actually went with them and then got on a bus a day later to come back. I guess it is nice for Maison and I that we are in the same boat. We have lots of adventures planned for the weekend too!



No comments: